ThompsdJames and I extend our thanks to Michelle Joelle of Soliloquies for nominating us for the Versatile Blogger Award. Be sure to check out her site as it always contains insightful posts on writing and human nature. As of now, it includes some beautiful pictures of winter.
Here is a short list of the rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
We have decided to split the seven questions among ourselves with Thomps taking the first four and me the last three. Here goes:
1: Thomps has a son named Leonidas who is just learning to walk. (I will absolutely be teaching him to say “MOΛΩN ΛABE!” when he starts talking.)
2 Is really getting a PhD in Chemistry.
3: Judges a novel contest (see Athanatos Christian Ministries’ Novel Contest).
4: Was variously called The Moose and The Saxon and The Enforcer for similar reasons in college–that of being big, loud and a bit clumsy…
Now for M. Otaku’s turn:
5: Was known in college for telling anecdotes–most of which concerned General Nathan Bedford Forrest of Civil War fame.
6: Owns four swords–all replicas: a Viking sword, Norman sword, Spanish broadsword of the late middle ages, and a Great Katana (aka O-Katana). I really want to own this sword next:
7: Ovid is my favorite Latin writer.
Well, that suffices for the information part! Now I need to nominate fifteen people. (Yes, I’m hogging the nominations all to myself:
1. Terpsicore and Melpomene of the Egotist’s Club
3. Book Lion
4. Kathryn Hemmann of Contemporary Japanese Literature
5. Suburban Banshee of Aliens in this World
6. Appropriant of Perpetual Morning
9. Tobby of The Overlord Bear’s Den
10. Phineas Fahrquar of Public Secrets